Friday, October 28, 2016

Keeping Up On Soccer with Kc Cortes

By: Bekah Sanderson
Kc Cortes, a soccer player at Fortuna Union High School, has been playing this sport for a long time. She has the knowledge to understand the game, learn from her mistakes, teach others how to play certain positions and be a teammate to all. She started playing for Eel River Rapids, then a spring league travel team and now high school, hoping to further her career in college.

How long have you been playing soccer?
“I have been playing soccer for 10 years now. I started when I was five and I am fifteen now.”
What encouraged you to start playing soccer?
“My brothers encouraged me to start playing because of their passion for the beautiful game. I would watch them play their hearts out and have fun while doing so. Their dedication and passion encouraged me to start playing and now I know why they love the game so much.”
Do you watch professional soccer? How does it help you in a real game?
“Yes I do watch professional soccer. Watching professional soccer helps me in real games because I learn many things about my position and other positions as well. It teaches me to do the right things in situations during a game.”
What is your favorite part of being on a high school soccer team?
“My favorite part of being on a high school soccer team is that I make many memories that will stay with me forever. I learn many things about the game and life in general. My teammates aren't just my teammates, they become my family. My coaches encourage me to be the best I can be and I couldn't ask for a better experience.”
What is most enjoyable about playing soccer for you?
“The most enjoyable thing about playing soccer for me is the memories I make. Soccer has taught me many things and I am grateful for that. I enjoy that my siblings also play and that I can learn from them. I enjoy teaching others as well and helping them when they need it.”


No comments:

Post a Comment